Here are the new cigars launched by Altadis U.S.A. at the 2013 IPCPR in Las Vegas. Descriptions were provided by Altadis.
- Juan Lopez: A 100% Nicaraguan cigar highlighted by a bold, reddish-brown Nicaraguan Habano wrapper surrounding the choicest Nicaraguan binder and filler tobaccos carefully selected for their flavor and strength. The smoke is intensely flavored; rich and robust, yet smooth and well-rounded. Juan Lopez cigars are available in three sizes: Seleccion No.1 (54 X 5"), Seleccion No. 2 (54 X 6") and Seleccion No. 3 (60 X 6"). Suggested retail prices range from $5.50 to $6.00.
- Monte by Montecristo: The use of two binders adds strength as well as nuance to this amazingly flavorful cigar. A rare Nicaraguan Corojo binder, chosen for its robust taste and sweet aroma, is paired with a spicy Dominican Olor binder. Surrounding this dynamic duo is a rich, dark Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. Aged, hand-selected Dominican fillers complete the magnificent blend, adding both extra punch and complex notes for a unique and memorable smoking experience. Available August 2013 in three sizes - Monte (60 X 6"), Jacopo No. 2 (54 X 6 1/8") and Conde (48 X 5 1/2"). Suggested retail prices range from $8.95 to $9.50.
- H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Special Edition: A full-bodied cigar that will be available as a 60 X 6" Magnum, and limited to 4,000 numbered boxes. A rich, dark Ecuadorian Cubano wrapper highlights the robust blend. It surrounds richly-flavored Nicaraguan binder and filler tobaccos which add strength and depth to the smoke.
- Romeo Special Edition: A dark Ecuadorian Habano wrapper complemented by the finest, most flavorful Dominican binder and filler tobaccos culminates in a deep, rich satisfying smoke. Limited to 6,000 numbered boxes of ten cigars and available in one size - a large 60 X 6" Gran Bully.
In addition to their new cigars, the following new gift packs and humidors were also announced by Altadis at the IPCPR:
- Regional Connoisseur Edition Montecristos in Limited Edition 8-Packs will be available nationwide for a limited time.
- Cigar & Wine Gift Sets featuring either five H. Upmann Legacy Toros or five Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toros, packaged with an attractive collection of wine accessories.
- 250 limited edition humidors, each packed with 50 Romeo Piramides (52 x 6 1/8").
- 250 limited edition humidors, each containing 40 handmade VegaFina 50 X 6" Toro cigars.
Several well-known Altadis U.S.A. brands have added new sizes and packaging to their line-ups:
- The very popular VegaFina now comes in a new size: a 60 X 6" Magnum packaged in boxes of 20 cigars. Featuring a select Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade wrapper, this mild to medium bodied smoke is a top seller.
- Romeo by Romeo y Julieta, the #3 cigar on Cigar Aficionado's list of Top 25 Cigars of 2012, is now available in Toro en Tubo 3-packs. This modern, full-bodied gem measures 54 X 6". Each box contains seven 3-packs.
- Omar Ortez Maduro is an earthy, rustic cigar with a rich, full body. This great Nicaraguan smoke is now available in boxes of 20 cigars in the following sizes: Torpedo (54 X 6 1/8"), Robusto Grande (54 X 5 1/8") and Toro (54 X 6").